The first day of spring is just a few weeks away, so now is the time to start lining up quotes if you are planning any renovation projects. Contractors’ calendars start to fill up in the spring, so getting a head start is a smart move, especially if you want projects completed before summer. March is also a good time to make appointments for those spring and summer maintenance jobs ahead of the spring rush. Here are a few tasks that are on most homeowners’ spring job lists:
- When the clocks move forward this month, take the time to check and change batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Detectors that are older than 10 years should be replaced.
- Keep your walkways safe for visitors this month by using an ice melter, available from Homeservice Club. Call for pricing – delivery is included.
- Dated, inefficient windows are not only energy wasters; they can make your home look old and tired. March is the ideal time to call for quotes on energy-efficient replacement windows that will brighten your home, inside and out.
- This is the year to expand your outdoor living space with a new deck or patio. Get things underway by planning your project and calling for quotes this month. The quicker you get started, the more quality time you can spend lounging on your new deck/patio this summer!
- Keep the air in your home cleaner and your furnace working efficiently by cleaning or changing the filter this month.
- If you haven’t had the ducts cleaned for a few years, do it this month and save! Duct cleaning can be a remedy for poor air flow in your home. It is also recommended after a renovation, if you suspect a blockage or if you notice a mouldy smell around the ducts.
- Take a look at the trees around your property, watching for signs of decay and disease, and dead or split branches. March is the time to book appointments for tree removal and pruning. The trees are still dormant and prices are lower. Ask about the Club’s March Tree Pruning special.
- Hanging icicles on eavestroughs could indicate blockages that can lead to ice damming and roof damage. As the weather warms, look for leaking eaves during rainstorms. If you spotted either icicles or leaks, book a roofing inspection in the early spring.
SAVE ON TREE PRUNING, DUCT CLEANING AND GAS FURNACE AND FIREPLACE CLEANING JOBS BEFORE MARCH 31, 2016! (416) 925-1111