Homeowners are busy this month getting their homes winterized and ready for the cold weather ahead. But there is still time to finish some of those home improvements and decorating projects in time for holiday entertaining, provided you book appointments now:
- If you started your heating system without having it checked by a professional, book your appointment this month. For safety and efficiency reasons, your heating system should be cleaned and inspected at least once a season.
- Before using the fireplace, make sure to have the chimney cleaned and safety-checked for worn flashing, loose bricks or crumbling mortar.
- Clean the gutters after the last leaves have fallen, and repair any splits or broken hangers.
- Check for blockage of attic louvres by wasp’s nests and put sheet metal, wire screen or wood over any openings, including under the eaves, to prevent animals from nesting.
- Drain and store garden hoses. Drain and close off the outdoor water supply before the first frost, to prevent cracked pipes.
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house.
- Check that your snow blower is tuned and ready to go when needed.
- Check that hot air registers are clean and not blocked.
- Get ready for the holiday season. Now is the time to make an appointment to have your carpets cleaned in time for holiday entertaining.
- Stock up on ice melter to keep walkways and verandas slip-free.
- Check vents and louvers for birds, nests, squirrels, and insects. Check flashing around roof stacks, vents, and skylights for leaks.
SAVE ON PEST CONTROL THIS MONTH – (416) 925-1111