Father’s Day is June 19, the day when we take time to recognize our dads, granddads and the other fathers in our life. This year, when looking for the perfect gift, try taking it beyond a tie or another tool. Instead, how about giving him the gift of precious leisure time by taking some of those jobs off his “Honey Do” list?
Here are a few creative gift ideas that most men would love to receive on Father’s Day (or any occasion for that matter):
– If he is into grilling, a new barbecue might be the perfect present – just make sure it comes already assembled! If he already has a good barbecue and likes to cook, consider a grilling cook book, personalized chef’s hat or apron or a state-of-the-art meat thermometer. Or how about a turkey deep fryer with a kit of spices, rubs and marinades?
– Is he constantly frustrated by a computer that is too slow or has other glitches? Give him a certificate for a computer geek to make a house call to clean-up, upgrade software, fix or replace his computer.
– Give him a certificate valid for a few hours of a handyman’s time to take care of that list of home maintenance jobs he’s been meaning to get to – repairing the fence, fixing the gate, cleaning the deck or washing the windows.
– How about a gift certificate for a home organizing specialist to come in and organize his home office, workshop or garage? Or a certificate for a make-over of his office or workshop? Take him shopping for new furniture and hire a contractor to renovate the space.
– Help him enjoy some tunes while lounging on the deck with some outdoor speakers and hire an electronics person to install them.
– Call in a landscaping crew to do all those jobs he hates doing around the property.
– Have his wooden deck professionally cleaned and buy him a new lounge chair so he can enjoy it.
ONE-STOP SHOPPING FOR FATHER’S DAY – SAVE $25 ON HANDYMAN SERVICES BOOKED BEFORE JUNE 30, 2016 JUST ONE CALL TO 416-925-1111