Most homeowners have a wish list of jobs they would like done around the house – painting the spare room, replacing the outdated bathtub, installing closet organizers, redecorating the dining room… the list goes on.
While Dad always enjoys a new tie and Mom loves flowers and chocolates, this year consider some creative gift options that will make their lives easier and their living space more enjoyable. Here are just a few ideas for the perfect Mothers’ or Fathers’ Day gift:
- Make Mom or Dad’s life easier by having accessible aides, like bathtub and toilet rails, installed.
- Give the gift of three hours of a handyman’s time and ask Mom or Dad to make a list of all the jobs they’d like done. Maybe it’s fixing the leaky faucet, putting up some shelving, hanging a mirror, or fixing the lock on the bathroom door.
- Hire a professional to create a new garden and get it ready for planting. Have everyone in the family give a special plant, shrub or accessory for the new garden, to create a lasting gift that will bring joy every spring.
- Give them a gift certificate for a cleaning service to come in and do all those jobs they hate – cleaning the windows, cleaning the hardwood floors, washing the walls, shampooing the carpet, or just general cleaning.
- A certificate for a mini-makeover is another great gift idea for Mom or Dad. Take them shopping for new faucets and fixtures for the powder room and have a professional install them.
- Call in a landscaping crew to do all those jobs they need done around the yard.
- Build Mom or Dad the deck or patio they’ve always wanted. When it’s finished, buy a lounge chair so they can relax and enjoy the new space.
SAVE $25 ON HANDYMAN SERVICES BOOKED BEFORE JUNE 30, 2016