Dirty air ducts can be unsafe, drastically raise your energy bills, release allergens into your home or workplace, and even attract rodents and pests. When it comes to duct cleaning, no step can be skipped, and the pollutants or contaminants that accumulate in your duct system need to be eradicated 100 %, otherwise you risk re-contamination of the entire system. Most air duct cleaning companies recommend that you have the cleaning procedure done once every three years.
DUCT CLEANING FAQ
- Dust, fungi and bacteria have been shown to collect in the ventilation system. These contaminants are widely believed to be potentially harmful to your health, possibly irritating or triggering certain allergies. The removal of these contaminants from your ductwork should be viewed as one step in improving the overall quality of air in your home.
- The cost of air duct cleaning will vary with the size of your heating and cooling system, level of contamination, accessibility, and type of duct material.
- Ducts should be inspected once every year as they may become clogged. If someone in your home has allergies then cleaning ducts annually might be recommended.
- Do not use chemicals such as insecticides, biocides or chemical cleaners.
- Check credentials. When booking a professional through Homeservice Club, however, you know that we’ve already taken care of this for you!
- The length of time it takes to clean your air ducts can depend on a number of factors. The ducts in most average sized houses can be done in three to four hours, but complicating factors like difficult to reach areas and a large amount of debris could certainly add time to the process.
- Changing your air filters regularly and cleaning off your vent covers will help your air ducts function better. But, because so much of your air duct system is difficult to reach, you will never be able to do a thorough job on your own.
– and save $25 while you’re at it