Buying a new garage door is no longer an open and shut case. Today you can choose doors made from aluminum, fiberglass, wood and steel in a wide variety of styles and finishes.
A garage door is about 40 per cent of the average home’s exterior, so it pays to do some research before shopping. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Start by inspecting the existing door. If it sags when opened, if the rollers catch or drag, if the door is rusted, dented or cracked, or if it does not close and lock, it may be time for a new door.
- When choosing a material, consider maintenance requirements and durability, as well as style.
- Steel is the most durable, and also the most expensive. Wood looks good but requires maintenance. Aluminum is cheaper but is also lighter in weight and prone to dents.
- Garage door windows are a decorative addition that can complement the style of your home’s exterior, while allowing natural light in the interior of the garage.
- Finally, choose a door that will complement your home’s style. Also compare safety features and check the warranties.
SAVE ON GARAGE DOOR INSTALLATIONS IN MAY! (416) 925-1111