What are you planning on giving your honey? Chocolate? Jewelry? Some kind of bath product?
Speaking of baths, how about you deal with that leaking tap in the guest bathroom that they’ve been begging you to do something about since before Christmas?
Trust me; skip the overrated prix fixe dinner and a movie and treat them to some much needed home repairs instead. The honey-do-list may seem like a cop-out, but present your sweetie with anything on this list, strap on your tool belt, show some love, and you’re pretty much guaranteed to score some serious brownie points.
Candles burning, music is queued… and the mood is suddenly killed by mouldy caulking. Or stained grout. Or chipped porcelain. Give your bathroom a once over and maybe you’ll actually be able to take that bubble-bath for two.
- – Re-seal the bathroom! Old caulk can grow mildew and cause damage by leaking water — especially between the tub and bathroom floor.
- – Change out fixtures for something new – maybe that ridiculous showerhead they’ve been dreaming of?
- – Add a towel bar or robe hook near your shower or bathtub, or move the one you already have to make it more accessible to bid floor puddles goodbye.
A boring boudoir dampens intimacy, but jazz things up in there and you’ll recapture that “first time” feeling.
- – Build a window seat to give your honey a great place to cuddle up and read or just enjoy the view
- – Install built in ledges or shelves to help keep the closet organized – lets face it, your partner probably hasn’t become Marie Kondo overnight.
- – Shelve your Differences – take care of those built-in bookcases they’ve been talking about forever.
- – The Colour of Love – Roses are red, violets are blue…. and your walls are still builder’s beige. Adding colour doesn’t have to be over the top or scary – try patterned wall-paper or use jewel toned paint to create a feature wall.
- – Luxe Lighting – Install dimmer switches to give every dinner the atmosphere of a swanky romantic restaurant.
- – She-Shed or Man-Cave – It doesn’t have to be a whole room, find a corner of the house where your partner can sit back and enjoy themselves.