Your house may not be able to talk to you, but nevertheless, it gives you signs when something’s not right. A home’s windows are particularly verbose. Although they don’t last forever, high-quality, well-maintained windows could last for 20 years or more, but there are many factors at play. Listen carefully to what they’re telling you, so you’ll know when they need to be replaced.
To decide whether it’s time to replace your windows, check these points:
- Are your windows hard to open or close?
- Do you feel a draft near your windows?
- Does condensation form on the inside of the glass or between the panes?
- Is the window pane cold to the touch?
- Is the weather stripping damaged?
Did you know?
According to HydroOne, heating costs account for over 50% of your electricity bill, and up to 25% of a home’s heat losses take place through and around windows and patio doors. If you’re tired of paying expensive hydro bills, it might be time to think about changing your windows for newer energy efficient models.