We’re of the opinion that if you don’t already have one, you should really consider adding a deck to your home. After all, with the fantastic summer weather we enjoy, there are few reasons to stay inside all the time.
Here are 8 reasons we think you should add a deck this summer.
- A deck increases your livable square footage, by creating usable space without having to erect any walls.
- The quality and variety of decking materials are so vast that they can accommodate any budget and vision. Composite decking is quickly becoming one of the most popular options as it is low maintenance, environmentally friendly, and comes in a wide variety of colours and textures. Hardwood decks require more maintenance than composite, but they stand out, especially with Redwood (which can age beautifully) or Douglas Fir (which can be painted or stained to your desired finish).
- If your home is not large enough on its own to host a large gathering or event, a deck can give you extra space to spill out and entertain.
- A deck is ideal when you have children or grandchildren. The adults get to enjoy their own space while the kids cause general mayhem elsewhere.
- Are you one of many homeowners who detest yard work? Guess what? An outdoor deck addition replaces some of your lawn. This ultimately means you can spend less time mowing the lawn, dealing with weeds, and raking leaves in the fall. It’s a small benefit, but a very practical one for many.
- If desired, a deck can provide privacy. With the right railing or fencing, a deck can help define spaces and provide you with more privacy than you currently have.
- Decks don’t have to be large to have impact. Few spaces are too big or too small to consider adding a useful deck.
- While a backyard deck won’t add the same amount of financial value as an addition would, most homebuyers will ultimately pay a premium for outdoor living space when comparing two similar properties.
If you’d like to add a deck to your current house, but aren’t sure if you have the space or budget for it, contact us today. We can help you consider all of your options and get you standing on your own deck this summer, basking in the sunshine.
Click here and SAVE $195 on Wooden OR Composite Decking orders when you book with us before July 15th